Jump to Main Content
- Choi, Hyeon‐Son; Jeon, Hui‐Jeon; Lee, Ok‐Hwan; Lee, Boo‐Yong
- Molecular nutrition & food research 2015 v.59 no.8 pp. 1458-1471
- Ecklonia, etc ; AMP-activated protein kinase; adipocytes; adipogenesis; animal models; body weight changes; cell cycle; genes; high fat diet; immunoblotting; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; messenger RNA; mice; polyphenols; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; triacylglycerols; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... SCOPE: Dieckol is a major polyphenol of Ecklonia cava. This study demonstrates a mechanistic role for dieckol in the suppression of lipid accumulation using three models. METHODS AND RESULTS: Mice were split into four experimental groups (n = 10 per group): normal diet, high‐fat diet (HFD), and dieckol‐supplemented diets. Dieckol‐supplemented mice groups showed a significant decrease of body weigh ...
- Kong, Chang‐Suk; Kim, Haejin; Seo, Youngwan
- Journal of food biochemistry 2015 v.39 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Ecklonia, etc ; adipocytes; bioactive properties; fatty acids; fatty-acid synthase; functional foods; gene expression; genes; glucose; glycerol; hexane; ingredients; leptin; long-chain-fatty-acid-CoA ligase; mechanism of action; messenger RNA; phenolic compounds; secretion; transcription factors; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Japan; Korean Peninsula; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The present study performed the bioactivity‐monitored isolation of anti‐adipogenic phlorotannins from Ecklonia cava as a part of the ongoing research to develop antiobesity nutraceuticals from natural origin. Extracts were partitioned into n‐hexane, 85% aqueous MeOH, n‐BuOH and water fractions. Their adipogenic activities were examined by measuring glycerol release level and adipogenic‐related gen ...