Jump to Main Content
- Selvaraj, Jonathan Nimal, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2015 v.14 no.11 pp. 2265-2281
- aflatoxins; feeds; foods; fumonisins; fungi; high performance liquid chromatography; immunoassays; microarray technology; ochratoxins; secondary metabolites; toxicity; zearalenone
- ... Mycotoxin contamination in agro-food systems has been a serious concern globally during the last few decades. Mycotoxins are toxic secondary metabolites produced by fungi when they grow in agro-food products and feedstuff. Several detection techniques have been developed in recent years to detect mycotoxins in the food and feed effectively. HPLC based techniques are very common in usage in the lab ...
- Selvaraj, Jonathan Nimal, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biocontrol science and technology 2015 v.25 no.5 pp. 583-592
- Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus parasiticus; aflatoxins; biological control; biological control agents; biosynthesis; carcinogenicity; farmers; genes; peanuts; polymerase chain reaction; secondary metabolites; toxigenic strains; China
- ... Aflatoxins are toxic and carcinogenic secondary metabolites produced by Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus . Strains of A. flavus that are non-aflatoxigenic (i.e., incapable of secreting aflatoxins) have proven effective in controlling contamination by these aflatoxin producing species in the field. In the present study, a non-aflatoxigenic A. flavus strain, GD-3, was isolated from a p ...