Jump to Main Content
- Hao, Xiaodi; Liu, Ranbin; Huang, Xin
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Chu, Xiangqian; Wu, Guangxue; Wang, Jiaquan; Hu, Zhen-Hu
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2015 v.22 no.24 pp. 20143-20153
- ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic conditions; anaerobic digestion; biogas; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; digestion; energy; pH; rice straw; sewage sludge; water content; China
- ... Dry anaerobic digestion of sewage sludge can recover biogas as energy; however, its low C/N ratio limits it as a single substrate in the anaerobic digestion. Rice straw is an abundant agricultural residue in China, which is rich in carbon and can be used as carbon source. In the present study, the performance of dry co-digestion of sewage sludge and rice straw was investigated under mesophilic (35 ...