Jump to Main Content
- Anita Pandey, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Natural product research 2015 v.29 no.11 pp. 1074-1077
- Bergenia; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ethyl acetate; flavonoids; leaf extracts; maceration; medicinal plants; metabolites; methanol; microorganisms; minimum inhibitory concentration; phytopharmaceuticals; solvents
- ... Phenolic and flavonoid contents in leaf extracts of Bergenia ligulata have been analysed for their contribution in antimicrobial and antioxidant activities. The extracts were prepared in three solvents (separately) following maceration and soxhelt methods. The antimicrobial activity was tested using disc diffusion assay against a range of microorganisms along with the determination of minimum inhi ...
- Anita Rokaitytė, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of food science 2015 v.80 no.3 pp. M627
- Campylobacter jejuni; additives; anti-infective properties; basil; black pepper; calcium; lactic acid; linalool; marinating; marjoram; monosodium glutamate; pH; plate count; rosemary; shelf life; sodium; temperature; thyme; wings
- ... The antimicrobial effect of spice‐based marinades against Campylobacter jejuni on inoculated fresh broiler wings was investigated. Experiments were carried out with 1 strain of C. jejuni and 6 marinades. Four experimental marinades were composed for the study and contained spices (thyme, rosemary, basil, marjoram, and so on) and different combination of bioactive compounds. Two marinades were comm ...