Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yujuan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.17 pp. 10562-10569
- acids; anodes; aqueous solutions; electrolytes; energy; hydrophobic bonding; hydroxides; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; perfluorooctanoic acid; sodium chloride; sorption; surface water; wastewater; zinc
- ... Removal of environmentally persistent perfluoroalkyl acids (PFAAs), that is, perfluorooctanesulfonate (PFOS) and perfluorocarboxylic acids (PFCAs, C₄ ∼ C₁₀) were investigated through sorption on four metal hydroxide flocs generated in situ by electrocoagulation in deionized water with 10 mM NaCl as supporting electrolyte. The results indicated that the zinc hydroxide flocs yielded the highest remo ...
- Wang, Yujuan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- RSC advances 2015 v.5 no.106 pp. 86927-86933
- activated carbon; aqueous solutions; carbon fibers; dissolved organic matter; electrostatic interactions; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobic bonding; micelles; pH; perfluorooctanoic acid; sorption; sorption isotherms
- ... The sorption behavior of perfluorooctanoate (PFOA) by activated carbon fiber (ACF) in aqueous solution was investigated. The sorption of PFOA on ACF followed pseudo-second-order kinetics and the sorption equilibrium was reached at approximately 6 h. The sorption of PFOA on ACF fitted the Freundlich model well. The sorption capacity of PFOA by ACF decreased with increasing pH, indicating that elect ...