Jump to Main Content
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 2 Author
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.524-525 pp. 187-194
- aquatic environment; aquifers; biogeography; chemical speciation; groundwater; organic compounds; pH; prediction; solutes; sorption
- ... The pH-dependent molecule speciation (charge state) in solution strongly influences the transport of ionizable organic compounds in the aquatic environment. Therefore, the sorption behavior is complex and reliable predictions only based on physico-chemical sorbate, sorbent and solution properties are challenging. A short overview of underlying sorption processes causing retardation during the solu ...
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Water research 2015 v.74 pp. 110-121
- aquifers; beta-adrenergic antagonists; biodegradability; cations; composts; denitrification; dissolved organic carbon; hydrophobicity; pollutants; redox potential; soil; sorption; sulfamethoxazole; wastewater treatment; water reuse
- ... Soil aquifer treatment is widely applied to improve the quality of treated wastewater in its reuse as alternative source of water. To gain a deeper understanding of the fate of thereby introduced organic micropollutants, the attenuation of 28 compounds was investigated in column experiments using two large scale column systems in duplicate. The influence of increasing proportions of solid organic ...