Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Fangang, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of membrane science 2015 v.496 pp. 284-292
- Bacteroidetes; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Nitrospirae; Thiothrix; Verrucomicrobia; artificial membranes; bacteria; bacterial communities; biopolymers; chemical oxygen demand; engineering; filtration; fouling; membrane bioreactors; models; phosphorus; polysaccharides; sequence analysis; sludge; stormwater; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Nonsettleable grit from wastewater streams is an important fraction of wastewater. In this study, the effects of model grit on the performance of the reactor, the characteristics of the sludge and the structure of the bacterial community in membrane bioreactors (MBRs) were explored. The results show that the presence of grit in the mixed liquor displayed no significant influence on the removal of ...
- Meng, Fangang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.2 pp. 1068-1077
- Aeromonas; Enterobacter; Pseudomonas; Thauera; bacteria; desorption; fouling; gels; ionization; membrane bioreactors; outer membrane proteins; pH; spectrometers; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis
- ... Metaproteomic analyses, including two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2D-PAGE) separation and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI)-time-of-flight (TOF)/TOF mass spectrometer (MS) detection, were used to trace and identify biocake proteins on membranes in a bench-scale submerged membrane bioreactor (MBR). 2D-PAGE images showed that proteins in the biocake (S3) at a lo ...