Jump to Main Content
- Bueno, Adriana de Arruda; Motta-Junior, José Carlos
- Mammalian biology = 2015 v.80 no.5 pp. 401-408
- Athene cunicularia, etc ; Calomys; Chrysocyon brachyurus; Tyto alba; birds of prey; body size; cerrado; food choices; habitats; hearing; hindlimbs; landscapes; locomotion; predation; rodents; savannas; small mammals; tail; tropics; vegetation cover; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The study focused on vulnerability of small savannah mammals in relation to hearing, locomotion and activity on full moon nights in a continuum from more bushy to more open Cerrado physiognomies in order to understand predator selection in a southeast Brazilian savannah preserve. Diet preference of three nocturnal/crepuscular predators, a canid (maned wolf – Chrysocyon brachyurus) and two raptors ...
- Molina-López, Rafael A.; Casal, Jordi; Darwich, Laila
- Veterinary quarterly 2015 v.35 no.1 pp. 9-15
- Athene noctua, etc ; euthanasia; Strix; Buteo buteo; wildlife rehabilitation; prognosis; birds of prey; hematocrit; hemoglobin; regression analysis; risk factors; total solids; Tyto alba; Falco tinnunculus; nervous system; body condition; mortality; wildlife; Spain; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Background: Assessment of the prognostic indicators of wildlife casualties is critical in wildlife rehabilitation practice, to optimize the use of economical resources, and to protect animal welfare. Few studies have been conducted in this field. Objective: To identify the prognostic indicators associated with raptor mortality during the first week of hospitalization. Animals and methods: Complete ...