Jump to Main Content
- LU, Qian, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chinese journal of natural medicines 2015 v.13 no.7 pp. 529-534
- Oriental traditional medicine; animal models; blood glucose; carboxymethylcellulose; fibronectins; fibrosis; glucose; glycemic effect; hyperglycemia; immunohistochemistry; insulin; insulin resistance; islets of Langerhans; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; rats
- ... The Goto-Kakizaki (GK) rat is a spontaneous type 2 diabetic animal model, which is characterized by a progressive loss of beta islet cells with fibrosis. In the present study, the hypoglycemic effect of asiatic acid (AA) in GK rats was examined. GK rats receiving AA at a daily dose of 25 mg·kg⁻¹ for four weeks showed a significant reduction in blood glucose levels. Age-matched normal Wistar rats w ...
- Lu, Qian, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Phytomedicine 2015 v.22 pp. 1071-1078
- Alzheimer disease; Ginkgo biloba; animal disease models; blood; blood circulation; blood glucose; cadherins; cardiovascular diseases; collagen; cortex; creatinine; diabetic nephropathy; fasting; fibrosis; glycogen; kidneys; laminin; leaf extracts; leaves; medicinal properties; phosphorylation; protective effect; rats; signal transduction; snails; urea nitrogen; urine
- ... Recently, extract of Ginkgo biloba leaves (GbE) have become widely known phytomedicines and have shown various pharmacological activities, including improvement of blood circulation, protection of oxidative cell damage, prevention of Alzheimer's disease, treatment of cardiovascular disease and diabetes complications. This study was designed to investigate the effects of an ethanolic GbE on renal f ...