Jump to Main Content
- Lerner-Geva, Liat; Bar-Zvi, Elinor; Levitan, Gila; Boyko, Valentina; Reichman, Brian; Pinhas-Hamiel, Orit
- Public health nutrition 2015 v.18 no.9 pp. 1537-1544
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; body mass index; children; curriculum; eating habits; energy intake; exercise; kindergarten; lifestyle; questionnaires; Israel; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... To assess the effectiveness of an intervention programme to improve kindergarten children's eating and leisure habits in Israel. A cluster-randomised controlled trial. Six full-day kindergartens in Israel were randomly divided into three groups. Group A received the full intervention programme, which included lessons on good eating habits and daily physical exercise. Group B received a partial int ...
- Moreau, Mireille; Plourde, Hugues; Hendrickson-Nelson, Mary; Martin, Joanne
- Journal of nutrition in gerontology and geriatrics 2015 v.34 no.4 pp. 369-387
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; body mass index; cooking; eating habits; elderly; elderly nutrition; fruits; milk; nutrition assessment; observational studies; questionnaires; risk; screening; t-test; vegetables; whole grain foods; Quebec; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Nutrition interventions offer an opportunity to meet the nutritional needs of community-dwelling older adults. This retrospective qualitative observational study aimed to determine if nutrition education-based cooking workshops offered in Southern Quebec helped improve dietary habits and nutrition-related knowledge, autonomy, and confidence among older adults. Participants (n = 144) in an 8-sessio ...
- Madsen, Kristine; Linchey, Jennifer; Gerstein, Dana; Ross, Michelle; Myers, Esther; Brown, Katie; Crawford, Patricia
- Childhood obesity 2015 v.11 no.4 pp. 375-383
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; accelerometers; autumn; body mass index; childhood obesity; children; dietetics; eating habits; energy balance; issues and policy; physical activity; public health; schools; spring; students; vegetables; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Background: Identifying sustainable approaches to improving the physical activity (PA) and nutrition environments in schools is an important public health goal. This study examined the impact of Energy Balance for Kids with Play (EB4K with Play), a school-based intervention developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and Playworks, on students' PA, dietary habits and knowledge, ...