Jump to Main Content
- Wessels, Josepha Ivanka
- The International journal of environmental studies 2015 v.72 no.4 pp. 601-623
- West Bank, etc ; case studies; hydrology; people; politics; water supply; watersheds; Israel; Jordan River; Syria; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Hydro-hegemonic praxis defines much of Israel’s occupation that has continued since the signing of the Oslo Accords in 1993. Two empirical case studies of hydro-hegemony and counter-hegemony at local level are compared in this paper: the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights and the Israeli-occupied West Bank. Both case studies show that control over water resources and supply provides political power ov ...
- Al-Khatib, Issam A.; Kontogianni, Stamatia; Abu Nabaa, Hendya; Alshami, Ni’meh; Al-Sari’, Majed I.
- Waste management 2015 v.36 pp. 323-330
- West Bank, etc ; accidents; case studies; developing countries; education programs; equipment; hazardous waste; health education; issues and policy; laws and regulations; municipal solid waste; planning; waste management; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Municipal solid waste (MSW) piling up is becoming a serious problem in all developing countries (DC) as a result of inequitable waste collection and treatment. Citizens’ collaboration is partly based on understanding their views and their active involvement in MSW planning; on the other hand the assessment of the perception of hazardousness related with MSW is considered rather important as well s ...