Jump to Main Content
- Das, Apurba K.; Maity, Indrajit; Parmar, Hamendra
S.; McDonald, Tom O.; Konda, Maruthi
- Biomacromolecules 2015 v.16 no.4 pp. 1157-1168
- umbilical cord, etc ; carboxylic ester hydrolases; cell culture; cell viability; energy; humans; hydrogels; hydrolysis; hydroxyl radicals; nanofibers; stem cells; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... We report lipase-catalyzed inclusion of p-hydroxy benzylalcohol to peptide bolaamphiphiles. The lipase-catalyzed reactions of peptide bolaamphiphiles with p-hydroxy benzylalcohol generate dynamic combinatorial libraries (DCL) in aqueous medium that mimic the natural dissipative system. The peptide bolaamphiphile 1 (HO-WY-Suc-YW–OH) reacts with p-hydroxy benzylalcohol in the presence of lipase form ...
- Mahadevaiah, Shruthi; Robinson, Karyn G.; Kharkar, Prathamesh M.; Kiick, Kristi L.; Akins, Robert E.
- Biomaterials 2015 v.62 pp. 24-34
- umbilical cord, etc ; adults; atherosclerosis; biobased products; biocompatible materials; blood; cell proliferation; cell viability; endothelium; fibronectins; fibrosis; gelatin; humans; hydrogels; hyperplasia; immunomagnetic separation; phenotype; stem cells; surgery; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Adult and congenital cardiovascular diseases are significant health problems that are often managed using surgery. Bypass grafting is a principal therapy, but grafts fail at high rates due to hyperplasia, fibrosis, and atherosclerosis. Biocompatible, cellularized materials that attenuate these complications and encourage healthy microvascularization could reduce graft failure, but an improved unde ...