Jump to Main Content
- Waswa, Lydiah M; Jordan, Irmgard; Herrmann, Johannes; Krawinkel, Michael B; Keding, Gudrun B
- Public health nutrition 2015 v.18 no.18 pp. 3406-3419
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; Western diets; caregivers; children; complementary foods; cooking; developing countries; infant feeding; nutrition education; randomized clinical trials; rural areas; rural communities; villages; Kenya; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Lack of diversity is a major factor contributing to inadequate nutrient intakes among children during the complementary feeding period in many rural areas in developing countries. This has been attributed to inadequate feeding practices and nutrition knowledge among their caregivers. The aim of the present study was to assess the effect of an educational intervention on children’s dietary diversit ...
- Fahmida, Umi; Kolopaking, Risatianti; Santika, Otte; Sriani, Sriani; Umar, Jahja; Htet, Min Kyaw; Ferguson, Elaine
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2015 v.101 no.3 pp. 455-461
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; Adequate Intakes; calcium; children; clinical nutrition; cooking; food frequency questionnaires; foods; iron; linear programming; mothers; niacin; nutrient density; nutrients; planning; zinc; Indonesia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Background: Complementary feeding recommendations (CFRs) with the use of locally available foods can be developed by using linear programming (LP). Although its potential has been shown for planning phases of food-based interventions, the effectiveness in the community setting has not been tested to our knowledge. Objective: We aimed to assess effectiveness of promoting optimized CFRs for improvin ...