Jump to Main Content
- G. Stanzani; R. Cowlam; K. English; D.J. Connolly
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2015 v.17 pp. S233
- cardiomyopathy; cats; clinical examination; death; echocardiography; erythrocytes; heart; heart failure; hematocrit; hematology; hospitals; human diseases; mortality; prognosis; veterinarians
- ... Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is a measurement of variability in circulating erythrocytes size, and has recently been shown to correlate with prognosis in a variety of human diseases, including acute and chronic heart failure.To determine if RDW differs between healthy controls, cats with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) without congestive heart failure (CHF) and cats with HCM and CHF, ...
- Jocelyn E. Hutton; Michele A. Steffey; Jeffrey J. Runge; Janet K. McClaran; Sarah J. Silverman; Philip H. Kass
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2015 v.247 no.3 pp. 278-285
- angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors; cats; chylothorax; clinical examination; death; dogs; echocardiography; fever; hemorrhage; interviews; larynx; longevity; medical treatment; paralysis; patent ductus arteriosus; patients; postoperative complications; radiography
- ... ObjectiveâTo characterize the clinical features and outcome of cats treated for patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) with attenuation (extravascular or intravascular) versus medical treatment only. DesignâRetrospective case series. Animalsâ28 client-owned cats with congenital PDA. ProceduresâMedical records for cats with PDA diagnosed by means of echocardiography were reviewed. Data retrieved in ...