Jump to Main Content
- Catania, Valentina; Santisi, Santina; Signa, Geraldina; Vizzini, Salvatrice; Mazzola, Antonio; Cappello, Simone; Yakimov, Michail M.; Quatrini, Paola
- Marine pollution bulletin 2015 v.99 no.1-2 pp. 138-149
- Sicily, etc ; Alcanivorax; Alteromonas; Marinobacter; bacteria; bioremediation; coasts; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; phospholipid fatty acids; seawater; sediments; surveys; water pollution; Mediterranean region; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... A microbiological survey of the Priolo Bay (eastern coast of Sicily, Ionian Sea), a chronically polluted marine coastal area, was carried out in order to discern its intrinsic bioremediation potential. Microbiological analysis, 16S rDNA-based DGGE fingerprinting and PLFAs analysis were performed on seawater and sediment samples from six stations on two transects. Higher diversity and variability a ...
- Giordano, Daniela; Profeta, Adriana; Busalacchi, Barbara; Minutoli, Roberta; Guglielmo, Letterio; Bergamasco, Alessandro; Granata, Antonia
- Marine ecology 2015 v.36 no.1 pp. 104-117
- Sicily, etc ; Cyclothone; Engraulis encrasicolus; Lampanyctus crocodilus; coasts; community structure; environmental factors; fish larvae; habitats; marine resources; species diversity; surveys; Mediterranean Sea; Tyrrhenian Sea; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this paper was to study the community structure, in terms of species composition, abundance and spatial distribution, of fish larvae in a wide coastal area of Sicily facing the Southeastern Tyrrhenian Sea, extending for 2300 km²from Cape Cefalù to the west, to Cape Rasocolmo in the east. This study analyses how species are assembled in relation to an inshore–offshore gradient and al ...