Jump to Main Content
- Almeida, G. Klamer de; Ramos Luz, A.; Iuchi, T.
- Acta horticulturae 2015 no.1094 pp. 153-158
- alternate bearing, etc ; Pyrus calleryana; climatic factors; cultivars; flowering; flowers; fruit set; pears; rootstocks; seeds; trees; vegetative growth; Brazil; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In southern Brazil, the biggest pear production area in the country, little information on phenological and productive performance of pear trees is available. Thereby, the intent of the present work was to evaluate the performance of the pear trees âHousuiâ, âPackhamâsâ, âRochaâ, âWilliamâsâ, âSanta Mariaâ and âForelleâ grafted on Pyrus calleryana rootstock. The experim ...
- Rojo, Jesús; Salido, Patricia; Pérez-Badia, Rosa
- Trees 2015 v.29 no.4 pp. 1235-1245
- alternate bearing, etc ; Olea europaea; branches; cold treatment; crop production; crops; cultivars; dormancy; environmental factors; flowering; flowers; hypersensitivity; olives; pollen; rain; spatial variation; temperature; temporal variation; tree crown; trees; Mediterranean region; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE : The olive pollen production showed a variation related to temperature and rainfall during dormancy period. A correlation was found between the number of olive tree inflorescences and airborne pollen counts. Analysis of pollen production in crops such as the olive is of particular agronomical value, in that it can help to predict final harvest outcomes. Since olive pollen is a major c ...