Jump to Main Content
- Manzi, Antônio O., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Hydrological processes 2015 v.29 no.17 pp. 3633-3648
- basins; calcium; forested watersheds; rain forests; carbon sequestration; potassium; dissolved organic carbon; rain; ecosystems; runoff; groundwater; Brazil; Amazonia
- ... Carbon storage values in the Amazon basin have been studied through different approaches in the last decades in order to clarify whether the rainforest ecosystem is likely to act as a sink or source for carbon in the near future. This water balance, dissolved organic carbon (DOC) and nutrient export study were carried out in a micro‐scale heath forest (Campina) catchment in central Amazonia, Brazi ...
- Manzi, Antônio O., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Plants 2015 v.4 no.3 pp. 678-690
- basins; carbon dioxide fixation; drought; ecosystems; emissions; forest canopy; leaves; lipid peroxidation; mental depression; photosynthesis; rain forests; temperature; terpenoids; transpiration; tree mortality; water stress; Amazonia
- ... Prolonged drought stress combined with high leaf temperatures can induce programmed leaf senescence involving lipid peroxidation, and the loss of net carbon assimilation during early stages of tree mortality. Periodic droughts are known to induce widespread tree mortality in the Amazon rainforest, but little is known about the role of lipid peroxidation during drought-induced leaf senescence. In t ...