Jump to Main Content
- Bazinet, Laurent, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.2 pp. 642-651
- acidity; anthocyanins; color; cranberries; deacidification; electrodialysis; human health; juices; malic acid; oxidation; oxygen; pH; potassium chloride
- ... Cranberry is recognized for its many benefits on human health; however, its high acidity may be a limiting factor for its consumption. This study aimed to investigate the deacidification of cranberry juice using a two simultaneous step electrodialysis with bipolar membranes (EDBM) process. In step 1 (deacidification), during the 6 h treatment, the pH of the juice increased from 2.47 to 2.71 and a ...
- Bazinet, Laurent, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Green chemistry 2015 v.18 no.1 pp. 307-314
- casein; electrodialysis; food additives; functional properties; green chemistry; human health; industrial applications; nutritive value; pH; peptides; pulsed electric fields; sustainable development; ultrafiltration; wastes
- ... Electrodialysis with bipolar membranes (EDBM) is an ecofriendly technology providing a wide spectrum of solutions for modern industry. The main advantage of EDBM is the absence of chemicals during the treatment, which makes it very attractive especially in the food and pharmaceutical sectors. The production of casein, the major milk protein, by means of EDBM is a very interesting approach in the s ...