Jump to Main Content
- Frommhagen, Matthias; Sforza, Stefano; Westphal, Adrie H; Visser, Jaap; Hinz, Sandra W A; Koetsier, Martijn J; van Berkel, Willem J H; Gruppen, Harry; Kabel, Mirjam A
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 101
- Myceliophthora thermophila, etc ; biofuels; biorefining; byproducts; cellulose; chitin; databases; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; fungi; glucooligosaccharides; mechanism of action; monosaccharides; phytomass; starch; synergism; xylan; xylooligosaccharides; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Many agricultural and industrial food by-products are rich in cellulose and xylan. Their enzymatic degradation into monosaccharides is seen as a basis for the production of biofuels and bio-based chemicals. Lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases (LPMOs) constitute a group of recently discovered enzymes, classified as the auxiliary activity subgroups AA9, AA10, AA11 and AA13 in the CAZy da ...
- PubMed Central:
- Cassia Pereira, J.; Paganini Marques, N.; Rodrigues, A.; Brito de Oliveira, T.; Boscolo, M.; Silva, R.; Gomes, E.; Bocchini Martins, D.A.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2015 v.118 no.4 pp. 928-939
- Myceliophthora thermophila, etc ; beta-glucosidase; cellulose; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; glucose; glycerol; heat tolerance; lignocellulose; saccharification; solid state fermentation; sugarcane bagasse; thermophilic fungi; xylanases; xylose; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... AIMS: To obtain new cellulases and xylanases from thermophilic fungi; evaluate their potential for sugarcane bagasse saccharification. METHODS AND RESULTS: Thirty‐two heat‐tolerant fungi were isolated from the environment, identified (morphological/molecular tools) and the production of the enzymes was evaluated by solid state fermentation using lignocellulosic materials as substrates. Myceliophth ...