Jump to Main Content
- Frommhagen, Matthias; Sforza, Stefano; Westphal, Adrie H; Visser, Jaap; Hinz, Sandra W A; Koetsier, Martijn J; van Berkel, Willem J H; Gruppen, Harry; Kabel, Mirjam A
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 101
- Myceliophthora thermophila, etc ; biofuels; biorefining; byproducts; cellulose; chitin; databases; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; fungi; glucooligosaccharides; mechanism of action; monosaccharides; phytomass; starch; synergism; xylan; xylooligosaccharides; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Many agricultural and industrial food by-products are rich in cellulose and xylan. Their enzymatic degradation into monosaccharides is seen as a basis for the production of biofuels and bio-based chemicals. Lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases (LPMOs) constitute a group of recently discovered enzymes, classified as the auxiliary activity subgroups AA9, AA10, AA11 and AA13 in the CAZy da ...
- PubMed Central:
- Casciatori, Fernanda Perpétua; Laurentino, Carmem Lúcia; Zanelato, Alex Izuka; Thoméo, João Cláudio
- Industrial crops and products 2015 v.64 pp. 114-123
- Myceliophthora thermophila, etc ; bioreactors; culture flasks; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; fungi; gravimetry; heat; hygroscopicity; mass transfer; models; solid state fermentation; sorption isotherms; sugarcane bagasse; water activity; water content; water temperature; wheat bran; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... One of the main drawbacks in operating solid-state fermentation (SSF) bioreactors is the reduction in moisture content (MC) of the solid phase due to microbiological and physicochemical issues. Therefore, heat and mass transfer models require hygroscopic information concerning the solid substrate. This contribution addresses the study of the sorption isotherms of sugarcane bagasse (SCB) and wheat ...