Jump to Main Content
- Jałoszyński, Paweł; Matsumura, Yoko; Beutel, Rolf G.
- Arthropod structure & development 2015 v.44 no.1 pp. 77-98
- elytra, etc ; Staphylinidae; abdomen; aedeagus; copulation; evolution; females; flagellum; males; muscles; spermatheca; spermatozoa; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... We compared the postabdominal architecture of Mastigini with extremely long (Stenomastigus) or short (Palaeostigus) aedeagus. A novel mode of copulation was discovered: males of Stenomastigus insert a paramere between the female's abdomen and elytra, and the intromission is stabilized by several structures of both sexes. The intrinsic aedeagal mechanism is indicated as responsible for inflating th ...
- Dilipkumar, Masilamany; Ahadiyat, Ali; Mašán, Peter; Chuah, Tse Seng
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2015 v.18 no.2 pp. 169-174
- elytra, etc ; Macrocheles; Rhynchophorus ferrugineus; evolution; females; insects; males; mites; parasitism; phoresy; Malaysia; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... There is a great deal of diversity among phoretic association particularly in mesostigmatic mites that exploited insect host to complete their dispersal strategy. Similarly, the red palm weevil, Rhynchophorus ferrugineus, also has been used as a carrier by the phoretic mites. In this study, we found Centrouropoda almerodai (Uropodidae), Macrocheles mammifer, Macrocheles cf. oigru (Macrochelidae), ...