Jump to Main Content
- Mirzabaev, Alisher, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current opinion in environmental sustainability 2015 v.15 pp. 9-19
- arid lands; biodiversity; climate change; ecosystem services; ecosystems; energy; food security; issues and policy; land degradation; land economics; livelihood; people; social environment; social impact; soil degradation; sustainable land management
- ... Degradation of soil and land resources is a critical global problem. It is widespread not only in drylands and cropped areas, but in most agro-ecologies and biomes around the world. Unless addressed, it may undermine global food security and negatively affect the livelihoods of billions of people, especially of the poor. Addressing land degradation requires public, community and private actions in ...
- Mirzabaev, Alisher, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water international 2015 v.40 no.5-6 pp. 772-790
- bioenergy; developing countries; environmental sustainability; food security; gender; poverty
- ... This article provides a review of trade-offs and synergies of bioenergy within the water–energy–food security nexus, with emphasis on developing countries. It explores the links of bioenergy with food security, poverty reduction, environmental sustainability, health, and gender equity. It concludes that applying the nexus perspective to analyses of bioenergy widens the scope for achieving multiple ...