Jump to Main Content
- Blanchard, Wade, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecography 2015 v.38 no.3 pp. 251-260
- Pinus radiata; birds; ecosystems; forests; habitats; landscapes; models; pastures; plantations; woodlands
- ... Quantifying biotic responses to landscape transformation is a major research focus. Most past studies have explored co‐occurrence of entire communities of a given group (e.g. birds) within largely intact ecosystems or over a limited time‐frame. By contrast, here we use data from a 15 yr experimental study, to explore intra‐guild co‐occurrence of six closely‐related and functionally‐similar sets of ...
- Blanchard, Wade, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Austral ecology 2015 v.40 no.4 pp. 386-399
- developmental stages; ecosystems; forests; highlands; issues and policy; logging; probabilistic models; risk; risk estimate; risk ranking; tree growth; uncertainty; Australia
- ... We applied an ecosystem risk assessment to the mountain ash forest ecosystem of the Central Highlands of Victoria (hereafter ‘mountain ash forest’), south‐eastern Australia, using the IUCN Red List of Ecosystems criteria. Using this methodology, we quantified: (i) key aspects of the ecosystem's historical, current and future decline in spatial distribution; (ii) the extent of occurrence and area o ...