Jump to Main Content
- Nakai, Shuichi; Hoshikawa, Kana; Shimono, Ayako; Ohsawa, Ryo
- Transgenic research 2015 v.24 no.6 pp. 929-944
- field experimentation, etc ; corn; cotton; crops; environmental assessment; feed processing; genes; host plants; humans; risk assessment; transgenic plants; Canada; China; Japan; South America; United States; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Requirement of in-country confined field trials for genetically modified (GM) crops prior to unrestricted release is well-established among countries with domestic regulations for the cultivation approval of GM crops. However, the requirement of in-country confined field trials is not common in countries where the scope of the application does not include cultivation. Nonetheless, Japan and China ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zhao, Juan; Bai, Wenqin; Zeng, Qiwei; Song, Shuiqing; Zhang, Mi; Li, Xianbi; Hou, Lei; Xiao, Yuehua; Luo, Ming; Li, Demou; Luo, Xiaoying; Pei, Yan
- Molecular breeding 2015 v.35 no.2 pp. 232
- field experimentation, etc ; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; branches; cotton; cottonseed; cytokinins; fiber quality; fruiting; gene expression regulation; genes; growth and development; leaves; lint yield; oils; photosynthesis; plant breeding; seed yield; senescence; transgenic plants; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Cotton is the leading natural fiber crop in the world. Cotton seeds are also an important oil and protein source. However, enhancement of fiber abundance usually leads to a smaller seed. Thus, it has become a challenge for cotton breeding to concurrently increase fiber yield and seed yield. To improve cotton yield, we elevated the endogenous cytokinin level in transgenic cotton by constitutive sup ...
- PubMed Central: