Jump to Main Content
- Upton, Vincent; Ryan, Mary; O'Donoghue, Cathal; Dhubhain, Aine Ni
- Applied geography 2015 v.60 pp. 69-76
- forests; geography; household surveys; man-made trails; models; natural resource management; planning; recreation; researchers; spatial data; Ireland
- ... It is now common for researchers in natural resource management and economics to develop spatial models of recreation demand for the purposes of valuation and planning. Such an approach has significant advantages but requires access to relatively detailed spatial data. In the absence of official data concerning resources, researchers may benefit from employing increasingly available volunteered ge ...
- Yang, Jun; Li, Chuang; Li, Yuechen; Xi, Jianhao; Ge, Quansheng; Li, Xueming
- Chinese geographical science 2015 v.25 no.5 pp. 644-656
- geographic information systems; geography; information science; issues and policy; models; planning; population distribution; spatial data; China
- ... This study examines the socio-spatial context of uneven development and the residential accessibility of green space in Dalian of Liaoning Province, China. The social fairness was analyzed with a community scale as the basis. We combined social scientific methods with a GIS method using a behavior accessibility model from the perspectives of fairness of urban green space allocation based on social ...