Jump to Main Content
- Aguiar, Juliana Martins; Silva, Sheila Oliveira da; Santos, Valdir Antônio dos; Rossa, Giselle Ayres Razera; Taniwaki, Sueli Akemi; Gregori, Fabio; Keid, Lara Borges; Soares, Rodrigo Martins
- Experimental parasitology 2015 v.157 pp. 84-87
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; DNA; Giardia lamblia; feces; genes; glutamate dehydrogenase; heterozygosity; humans; loci; polymerase chain reaction; trophozoites; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Giardia duodenalis is divided into at least eight groups, named assemblages A to H. Assemblages A and B are the only ones able to infect humans and other mammals. The species status for these assemblies is a moot point, but has not gained general acceptance because sexual activity in Giardia is not completely understood. Heterozygosity in G. duodenalis can be detected through simultaneous identifi ...
- Minetti, Corrado; Lamden, Kenneth; Durband, Caroline; Cheesbrough, John; Fox, Andrew; Wastling, Jonathan M.
- Parasites & vectors 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 444
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; DNA; Giardia lamblia; developed countries; feces; gender; genes; genotype; giardiasis; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; humans; molecular epidemiology; parasites; patients; people; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; vomiting; England; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The protozoan Giardia duodenalis is a common but highly diverse human parasite that comprises a complex of seven morphologically identical genetic assemblages, further divided into sub-assemblages. There is very little information available on the diversity of Giardia sub-assemblages and multi-locus genotypes infecting people in the United Kingdom. In this study we studied the molecula ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sommer, M. F.; Beck, R.; Ionita, M.; Stefanovska, J.; Vasić, A.; Zdravković, N.; Hamel, D.; Rehbein, S.; Knaus, M.; Mitrea, I. L.; Shukullari, E.; Kirkova, Z.; Rapti, D.; Capári, B.; Silaghi, C.
- Parasitology research 2015 v.114 no.6 pp. 2165-2174
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; parasites; glutamate dehydrogenase; ribosomal RNA; genes; DNA; feces; coproantigens; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; Giardia lamblia; pathogens; humans; hosts; dogs; polymerase chain reaction; multilocus sequence typing; pets; fluorescent antibody technique; microscopy; loci; dog diseases; Eastern European region; Croatia; Bulgaria; Hungary; Romania; Serbia; Albania; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Giardia duodenalis is a worldwide occurring protozoan that can infect various mammalian hosts. While living conditions are getting closer between pet animals and owners, there is discussion whether dogs may contribute to the transmission of these pathogens to humans. The present study was conducted in order to identify the Giardia assemblages in dogs from South Eastern Europe. For this purpose, 16 ...