Jump to Main Content
- Qi, Meng; Yu, Fuchang; Li, Shouyi; Wang, Haiyan; Luo, Nannan; Huang, Jianying; Zhang, Longxian
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.208 no.3-4 pp. 113-117
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Chinchilla lanigera; Giardia lamblia; cities; genes; genotype; genotyping; giardiasis; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; hosts; human diseases; humans; nucleotide sequences; parasites; pets; ribosomal RNA; small intestine; wildlife; China; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Giardia duodenalis is a common protozoan that colonizes and reproduces in the small intestine, causing giardiasis. This parasite infects a wide range of vertebrate hosts, including humans, domestic animals and wildlife. It has been suggested that chinchillas (Chinchilla lanigera) kept as domestic pets are potential reservoirs for the zoonotic transmission of G. duodenalis. In this study, 140 chinc ...
- Sommer, M. F.; Beck, R.; Ionita, M.; Stefanovska, J.; Vasić, A.; Zdravković, N.; Hamel, D.; Rehbein, S.; Knaus, M.; Mitrea, I. L.; Shukullari, E.; Kirkova, Z.; Rapti, D.; Capári, B.; Silaghi, C.
- Parasitology research 2015 v.114 no.6 pp. 2165-2174
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; parasites; glutamate dehydrogenase; ribosomal RNA; genes; DNA; feces; coproantigens; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; Giardia lamblia; pathogens; humans; hosts; dogs; polymerase chain reaction; multilocus sequence typing; pets; fluorescent antibody technique; microscopy; loci; dog diseases; Eastern European region; Croatia; Bulgaria; Hungary; Romania; Serbia; Albania; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Giardia duodenalis is a worldwide occurring protozoan that can infect various mammalian hosts. While living conditions are getting closer between pet animals and owners, there is discussion whether dogs may contribute to the transmission of these pathogens to humans. The present study was conducted in order to identify the Giardia assemblages in dogs from South Eastern Europe. For this purpose, 16 ...