Jump to Main Content
- Qi, Meng; Xi, Jianwei; Li, Junqiang; Wang, Haiyan; Ning, Changshen; Zhang, Longxian
- The journal of eukaryotic microbiology 2015 v.62 no.6 pp. 810-814
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Giardia lamblia; diarrhea; feces; genes; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; humans; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; rabbits; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; China; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Giardia duodenalis is an important zoonotic pathogen, causes diarrhea in humans and animals worldwide. To date, few data are available on the prevalence of G. duodenalis in rabbits in China. In total, 955 fecal samples were collected from rabbits during 2008–2011 in Henan Province, Central China. The overall prevalence of G. duodenalis was 8.4% (80/955) on microscopic analysis, with the highest in ...
- Minetti, Corrado; Lamden, Kenneth; Durband, Caroline; Cheesbrough, John; Fox, Andrew; Wastling, Jonathan M.
- Parasites & vectors 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 444
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; DNA; Giardia lamblia; developed countries; feces; gender; genes; genotype; giardiasis; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; humans; molecular epidemiology; parasites; patients; people; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; vomiting; England; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The protozoan Giardia duodenalis is a common but highly diverse human parasite that comprises a complex of seven morphologically identical genetic assemblages, further divided into sub-assemblages. There is very little information available on the diversity of Giardia sub-assemblages and multi-locus genotypes infecting people in the United Kingdom. In this study we studied the molecula ...
- PubMed Central:
- Karim, Md Robiul; Wang, Rongjun; Yu, Fuchang; Li, Tongyi; Dong, Haiju; Li, Dezhong; Zhang, Longxian; Li, Junqiang; Jian, Fuchun; Zhang, Sumei; Rume, Farzana Islam; Ning, Changshen; Xiao, Lihua
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2015 v.30 pp. 82-88
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Giardia lamblia; Lemuridae; Saimiri; feces; genes; genotype; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; guinea pigs; humans; loci; molecular epidemiology; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; rabbits; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; zoo animals; zoos; China; Italy; Sweden; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Only a few studies based on single locus characterization have been conducted on the molecular epidemiology of Giardia duodenalis in nonhuman primates (NHPs). The present study was conducted to examine the occurrence and genotype identity of G. duodenalis in NHPs based on multi-locus analysis of the small-subunit ribosomal RNA (SSU rRNA), triose phosphate isomerase (tpi), glutamate dehydrogenase ( ...