Jump to Main Content
- Minetti, Corrado; Lamden, Kenneth; Durband, Caroline; Cheesbrough, John; Fox, Andrew; Wastling, Jonathan M.
- Parasites & vectors 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 444
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; DNA; Giardia lamblia; developed countries; feces; gender; genes; genotype; giardiasis; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; humans; molecular epidemiology; parasites; patients; people; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; vomiting; England; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The protozoan Giardia duodenalis is a common but highly diverse human parasite that comprises a complex of seven morphologically identical genetic assemblages, further divided into sub-assemblages. There is very little information available on the diversity of Giardia sub-assemblages and multi-locus genotypes infecting people in the United Kingdom. In this study we studied the molecula ...
- PubMed Central:
- Roellig, Dawn M.; Salzer, Johanna S.; Carroll, Darin S.; Ritter, Jana M.; Drew, Clifton; Gallardo-Romero, Nadia; Keckler, M. Shannon; Langham, Gregory; Hutson, Christina L.; Karem, Kevin L.; Gillespie, Thomas R.; Visvesvara, Govinda S.; Metcalfe, Maureen G.; Damon, Inger K.; Xiao, Lihua
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.210 no.1-2 pp. 91-97
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Cynomys ludovicianus; Enterocytozoon; Giardia lamblia; colon; electron microscopy; feces; genes; genotype; giardiasis; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; histology; humans; laboratory animals; parasites; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; small intestine; staining; surveys; trophozoites; weight loss; wildlife; Colorado; Kansas; Texas; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Since 2005, black-tailed prairie dogs (Cynomys ludovicianus) have been collected for use as research animals from field sites in Kansas, Colorado, and Texas. In January of 2012, Giardia trophozoites were identified by histology, thin-section electron microscopy, and immunofluorescent staining in the lumen of the small intestine and colon of a prairie dog euthanized because of extreme weight loss. ...
- PubMed Central: