Jump to Main Content
- Hashim, Jamshed, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical methods 2015 v.7 no.18 pp. 7805-7810
- biodiesel; byproducts; catalysts; copper; derivatization; detection limit; diodes; esterification; glycerol; high performance liquid chromatography; organochlorine compounds; transesterification
- ... Biodiesel is mainly produced through a transesterification reaction which yields biodiesel and glycerol, a by-product. This article describes the quantification of glycerol based on high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) using a diode array detector (DAD) in various biodiesel samples through post-derivatization. Glycerol was converted into a UV active product i.e. glyceryl tribenzoate (GTB) ...
- Hashim, Noor Hasani, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food additives & contaminants 2015 v.32 no.4 pp. 518-532
- Coriandrum sativum; aflatoxin B1; chicken meat; cumin; curry; detection limit; exposure pathways; fennel; fish; fluorescence; high performance liquid chromatography; ingredients; ochratoxin A; pepper; turmeric; Malaysia
- ... The analysis of aflatoxins (B ₁, B ₂, G ₁ and G ₂) and ochratoxin A (OTA) was performed in processed spices marketed in Penang, Malaysia, using immunoaffinity columns and HPLC equipped with fluorescence detector (HPLC-FD). The processed powdered spices analysed include dried chilli, fennel, cumin, turmeric, black and white pepper, poppy seed, coriander, ‘garam masala’, and mixed spices for fish, m ...