Main content area
You searched for: Publication Year 2015 Remove constraint Publication Year: 2015 Subject humans Remove constraint Subject: humans Subject Africa Remove constraint Subject: Africa Subject China Remove constraint Subject: China Text Availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text Availability: Citation in PubAg
3 Search Results
- Machovina, Brian; Feeley, Kenneth J.; Ripple, William J.
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.536 pp. 419-431
- agricultural land; animal-based foods; aquaculture; biodiversity; bushmeat; cattle; climate change; diet-related diseases; energy; feedstocks; fossil fuels; goats; habitat destruction; herbivores; human health; human population; humans; livestock production; meat consumption; nutrients; people; plant-based foods; pollution; poultry; predators; protein sources; sheep; soil; swine; terrestrial ecosystems; Africa; China
- ... The consumption of animal-sourced food products by humans is one of the most powerful negative forces affecting the conservation of terrestrial ecosystems and biological diversity. Livestock production is the single largest driver of habitat loss, and both livestock and feedstock production are increasing in developing tropical countries where the majority of biological diversity resides. Bushmeat ...
- Smýkal, Petr; Coyne, Clarice J.; Ambrose, Mike J.; Maxted, Nigel; Schaefer, Hanno; Blair, Matthew W.; Berger, Jens; Greene, Stephanie L.; Nelson, Matthew N.; Besharat, Naghmeh; Vymyslický, Tomáš; Toker, Cengiz; Saxena, Rachit K.; Roorkiwal, Manish; Pandey, Manish K.; Hu, Jinguo; Li, Ying H.; Wang, Li X.; Guo, Yong; Qiu, Li J.; Redden, Robert J.; Varshney, Rajeev K.
- Critical reviews in plant sciences 2015 v.34 no.1-3 pp. 43-104
- Caesalpinioideae; Lupinus; Mimosoideae; Phaseolus acutifolius var. acutifolius; Phaseolus coccineus; Poaceae; chickpeas; cowpeas; crop production; dietary protein; domestication; faba beans; feeds; forage legumes; genetic variation; germplasm; germplasm conservation; grains; grasses; humans; lentils; lima beans; mung beans; pastures; peanuts; peas; people; phylogeny; pigeon peas; soybeans; Africa; China; Middle East; South America; South Asia
- ... Economically, legumes (Fabaceae) represent the second most important family of crop plants after the grass family, Poaceae. Grain legumes account for 27% of world crop production and provide 33% of the dietary protein consumed by humans, while pasture and forage legumes provide vital part of animal feed. Fabaceae, the third largest family of flowering plants, has traditionally been divided into th ...
- Montemayor, Sara I.; Dellapé, Pablo M.; Melo, María C.
- Agricultural and forest entomology 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 129-137
- Eucalyptus; climate; data collection; databases; environmental factors; geographical distribution; humans; model validation; models; planting; probability; Africa; Central America; China; South America
- ... The present study investigated the environmental variables that define a suitable climate for the bronze bug, Thaumastocoris peregrinus Carpintero & Dellapé, using presence‐only data, with the aim of identifying areas that have a suitable climate (and thus high probability) for future colonization and generating a spatially explicit predictive map of environmental suitability. An occurrence databa ...