Jump to Main Content
- Ndeffo-Mbah, Martial L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 550
- African trypanosomiasis; World Health Organization; control methods; human health; humans; mathematical models; monitoring; prediction; probability; public health; screening; vector control; Guinea
- ... BACKGROUND: Human African Trypanosomiasis threatens human health across Africa. The subspecies T.b. gambiense is responsible for the vast majority of reported HAT cases. Over the past decade, expanded control efforts accomplished a substantial reduction in HAT transmission, spurring the WHO to include Gambian HAT on its roadmap for 2020 elimination. To inform the implementation of this elimination ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bernoux, Martial, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Global change biology 2015 v.21 no.7 pp. 2773-2786
- agricultural soils; soil organic carbon; carbon sinks; forests; plateaus; pastures; soil heterogeneity; data collection; atmospheric precipitation; chronosequences; agroecosystems; humans; climate change; cropland; meta-analysis; deforestation; Amazonia; Colombia; Suriname; Brazil; French Guiana
- ... The impact of deforestation on soil organic carbon (SOC) stocks is important in the context of climate change and agricultural soil use. Trends of SOC stock changes after agroecosystem establishment vary according to the spatial scale considered, and factors explaining these trends may differ sometimes according to meta‐analyses. We have reviewed the knowledge about changes in SOC stocks in Amazon ...
- Bernoux, Martial, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2015 v.203 pp. 127-139
- crop rotation; data collection; ecosystem services; ecosystems; erosion control; farming systems; filter strips; forest roads; humans; humid tropics; issues and policy; land degradation; land use; landscapes; man-made trails; managers; no-tillage; planting; quantitative analysis; rain; skidders; soil; soil erosion; vegetation cover
- ... Healthy soils provide a wide range of ecosystem services. But soil erosion (one component of land degradation) jeopardizes the sustainable delivery of these services worldwide, and particularly in the humid tropics where erosion potential is high due to heavy rainfall. The Millennium Ecosystem Assessment pointed out the role of poor land-use and management choices in increasing land degradation. W ...