Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: yanxu?
- Jiang, Yanxue, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasitology research 2015 v.114 no.11 pp. 4341-4348
- Nyctereutes procyonoides; Vulpes vulpes; adults; captive animals; dog diseases; feces; foxes; genes; genotype; hosts; humans; internal transcribed spacers; juveniles; loci; polymerase chain reaction; public health; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; wild animals; China
- ... Enterocytozoon bieneusi is a well-known causative agent of microsporidial infections in a variety of mammal hosts including humans in China, whereas there were no epidemiological data on wild animals bred in captivity, and the role of the neglected hosts in transmission of zoonotic microsporidiasis remains unknown. Herein, we investigated feces from 191 farmed foxes (Vulpes vulpes) and 162 farmed ...
- Jiang, Yanxue, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.208 no.3-4 pp. 125-134
- Cryptosporidium; DNA; Enterocytozoon; Giardia lamblia; amino acid sequences; cats; cryptosporidiosis; dogs; feces; genes; genotype; genotyping; giardiasis; human diseases; humans; internal transcribed spacers; microsporidiosis; pets; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; triose-phosphate isomerase; wastewater; water pollution; China
- ... This study investigated 319 fecal specimens of cats (n=52) and dogs (n=267) from Heilongjiang province, China for the prevalence and genetic characteristics of Cryptosporidium, Enterocytozoon bieneusi, and Giardia duodenalis. PCR and DNA sequence analysis of the small subunit rRNA gene identified C. felis and C. parvum in one cat each (3.8%) and C. canis and C. ubiquitum in 6 dogs (2.2%). Polymorp ...