Jump to Main Content
- Stewart, Nathan D.; Dadswell, Michael J.; Leblanc, Paul; Bradford, Rod G.; Ceapa, Cornel; Stokesbury, Michael J. W.
- North American Journal of Fisheries Management 2015 v.35 no.2 pp. 364-371
- Acipenser oxyrinchus, etc ; adults; females; fisheries; growth models; juveniles; males; rivers; New Brunswick; Quebec; Saint Lawrence River; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... As a long-lived and late-maturing species, Atlantic Sturgeon Acipenser oxyrinchus are susceptible to overharvest, which makes knowledge concerning their age and growth essential to sustainable management. The Saint John River, New Brunswick, and the St. Lawrence River, Quebec, support the two remaining commercial fisheries for Atlantic Sturgeon in North America; however, the relationship between a ...
- Wilkens, J. L.; Katzenmeyer, A. W.; Hahn, N. M.; Hoover, J. J.; Suedel, B. C.
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2015 v.31 no.6 pp. 984-990
- Acipenser oxyrinchus, etc ; aquariums; dredging; juveniles; laboratory techniques; locomotion; sediments; sturgeon; suspended sediment; swimming; total suspended solids; waterways; South Carolina; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Tested was the hypothesis that juvenile Atlantic sturgeon (Acipenser oxyrinchus oxyrinchus) would exhibit no response in short‐term survival or swimming performance when exposed to varying concentrations of suspended sediment simulating dredge plumes in waterways where this species may be impacted by dredging operations. Sediment collected from Savannah Harbor, South Carolina, USA was used to simu ...