Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Field crops research 2015 v.183 pp. 79-91
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; cultivars; environmental factors; leaves; mechanistic models; nitrogen; nitrogen content; oils; simulation models; soil water; solar radiation; temperature; water potential; water supply; China
- ... A mechanistic model was developed to simulate the genotypic and environmental variations in the cotton embryo oil and protein accumulation with the boll development. Three sub-models, cotton boll maturation period model, cotton embryo oil accumulation model and protein accumulation model, were integrated. Genotypic characteristics, effects of temperature and solar radiation, nitrogen (N) supply, a ...
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Field crops research 2015 v.179 pp. 120-131
- Gossypium hirsutum; beta-fructofuranosidase; biomass; cultivars; field experimentation; leaves; lint cotton; photosynthesis; potassium; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; starch; stomatal conductance; sucrose; sucrose synthase; sucrose-phosphate synthase
- ... Field experiments were conducted in 2012 and 2013 with two cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) cultivars (Simian 3, low-K tolerant; Siza 3, low-K sensitive) under three levels of potassium (K) fertilization (0, 150 and 300kgK2Oha−1). Results showed that K application increased leaf K concentration, net photosynthetic rate (Pn), stomatal conductance (Gs), plant biomass and stimulated boll biomass (capsu ...