Jump to Main Content
- Shoushtari, Seyed Mohammad Hossein Jazayeri; Cartwright, Nick; Perrochet, Pierre; Nielsen, Peter
- Journal of hydrology 2015 v.531 pp. 1114-1121
- unsaturated flow, etc ; aquifers; equations; groundwater; hysteresis; mathematical models; sand; storms; tides; time series analysis; water table; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... In this paper, the influence of hysteresis on water table dynamics in an unconfined aquifer was examined using a numerical model to solve Richards’ unsaturated flow equation. The model was subject to simple harmonic forcing across a sloping boundary with a seepage face boundary condition. Time series from both hysteretic and non-hysteretic models were subject to harmonic analysis to extract the am ...
- Izbicki, John A.; Flint, Alan L.; O’Leary, David R.; Nishikawa, Tracy; Martin, Peter; Johnson, Russell D.; Clark, Dennis A.
- Journal of hydrology 2015 v.524 pp. 147-165
- unsaturated flow, etc ; alluvium; aquifers; computer software; denitrification; denitrifying bacteria; groundwater; mathematical models; nitrates; nitrogen; septic systems; water quality; water table; California; Mojave Desert; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Mobilization of natural and septic nitrate from the unsaturated zone as a result of managed aquifer recharge has degraded water quality from public-supply wells near Yucca Valley in the western Mojave Desert, California. The effect of nitrate storage and potential for denitrification in the unsaturated zone to mitigate increasing nitrate concentrations were investigated. Storage of water extractab ...