Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, Mari-Vaughn V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2015 v.46 no.7 pp. 873-887
- Cynodon dactylon; application rate; biosolids; forage; forage production; magnesium; mineralization; nitrates; nitrogen; orthophosphates; phosphorus; pollution load; potassium; recycling; soil nutrients; soil profiles; Texas
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate soil nutrient loading and depth distributions of extractable nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) after long-term, continuous annual surface applications of anaerobically digested class B biosolids at a municipal recycling facility in central Texas. Commercial forage production fields of coastal bermudagrass (Cynodon dactylon L.) were surface ...
- Johnson, Mari-Vaughn V., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Open journal of soil science 2015 v.5 no.2 pp. 59-68
- accuracy; agricultural soils; anthropogenic activities; colorimetry; environmental impact; fertilizer application; mineralization; phosphorus; risk; soil analysis; soil nutrients; spectral analysis
- ... Phosphorus additions and measurement in soil is of concern on lands where biosolids have been applied. Colorimetric analysis for plant-available P may be inadequate for the accurate assessment of soil P. Phosphate additions in a regulatory environment need to be accurately assessed as the reported levels may not correlate well to environmental risk. In order to accurately assess potential P runoff ...