Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Fangang, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of membrane science 2015 v.496 pp. 284-292
- Bacteroidetes; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Nitrospirae; Thiothrix; Verrucomicrobia; artificial membranes; bacteria; bacterial communities; biopolymers; chemical oxygen demand; engineering; filtration; fouling; membrane bioreactors; models; phosphorus; polysaccharides; sequence analysis; sludge; stormwater; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Nonsettleable grit from wastewater streams is an important fraction of wastewater. In this study, the effects of model grit on the performance of the reactor, the characteristics of the sludge and the structure of the bacterial community in membrane bioreactors (MBRs) were explored. The results show that the presence of grit in the mixed liquor displayed no significant influence on the removal of ...
- Meng, Fangang, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water research 2015 v.68 pp. 404-413
- dissolved organic matter; fluorescence; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; mixing; models; monitoring; rivers; titration; trace elements; tryptophan; tyrosine
- ... Numerous reports have documented the interactions of fluorescent dissolved organic matter (FDOM) with other compounds such as metals and trace contaminants by characterizing the fluorescence quenching of the FDOM components. As FDOM is composed of numerous components, inter-component interactions can potentially take place. This study investigated the interactions between protein-like and humic-li ...