Jump to Main Content
- Oken, Kiva L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2015 v.84 no.1 pp. 60-70
- age structure; biomass; fish; food webs; life history; models; mortality; ontogeny; population dynamics; predation; predators; time series analysis
- ... The potential of predation to structure marine food webs is widely acknowledged. However, available tools to detect the regulation of prey population dynamics by predation are limited, partly because available population data often aggregate a population's age structure into a single biomass or abundance metric. Additionally, many food webs are relatively complex, with prey species subject to diff ...
- Oken, Kiva L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbon balance and management 2015 v.10 no.1 pp. 25
- uncertainty; dead wood; models; forest stands; carbon; carbon sinks; carbon sequestration; rain forests; stand age; trees; conifers; stand basal area; mortality; Alaska
- ... BACKGROUND: Accounting for carbon gains and losses in young-growth forests is a key part of carbon assessments. A common silvicultural practice in young forests is thinning to increase the growth rate of residual trees. However, the effect of thinning on total stand carbon stock in these stands is uncertain. In this study we used data from 284 long-term growth and yield plots to quantify the carbo ...
- PubMed Central: