Jump to Main Content
- Hildreth, Michael, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2015 v.99 no.4 pp. 1779-1793
- Anabaena variabilis; biotechnology; gene expression; gene expression regulation; gene targeting; genes; microbiology; monitoring; mutants; nitrogen; phenotype; transcription (genetics); vegetative cells
- ... Determining spatiotemporal gene expression and analyzing knockout mutant phenotypes have become powerful tools in elucidating the function of genes; however, genetic approaches for simultaneously inactivating a gene and monitoring its expression have not been reported in the literature. In this study, we designed a dual-functional gene knockout vector pZR606 that contains a multiple cloning site ( ...
- Hildreth, Michael B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2015 v.113 pp. 57-64
- Cyanobacteria; absorbance; biofuels; cell culture; fluorescent dyes; isopropyl alcohol; microscopy; mutants; photobioreactors; plate count; propidium; screening; viability
- ... Filamentous cyanobacteria are currently being engineered to produce long-chain organic compounds, including 3rd generation biofuels. Because of their filamentous morphology, standard methods to quantify viability (e.g., plate counts) are not possible. This study investigated a dual-fluorescence assay based upon the LIVE/DEAD® BacLight™ Bacterial Viability Kit to quantify the percent viability of f ...