Jump to Main Content
- Vaughan, Peter, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Agricultural water management 2015 v.157 pp. 6-11
- Zea mays; corn; deficit irrigation; evapotranspiration; fertilizer rates; groundwater; growing season; irrigation water; leaching; models; nitrogen; rhizosphere; salt stress; salts; water flow; water potential; water salinity; water stress; water uptake
- ... Crop relative yield (RY) may be reduced by matric water potential or salinity stresses but also by nitrogen (N) deficiency. Elucidation of interactions among these factors through modeling using the ENVIRO-GRO program to compute RY and N leaching from the root zone for corn (Zea mays) was our objective. Ten-year simulations included growing seasons and fallow periods. Simulation variables were app ...
- Vaughan, Joseph K., et al. Show all 40 Authors
- Climatic change 2015 v.129 no.3-4 pp. 555-571
- air; carbon; climate change; decision making; economics; environmental management; freshwater; models; natural resources; nitrogen; resource management; stakeholders; water management; Pacific States
- ... As managers of agricultural and natural resources are confronted with uncertainties in global change impacts, the complexities associated with the interconnected cycling of nitrogen, carbon, and water present daunting management challenges. Existing models provide detailed information on specific sub-systems (e.g., land, air, water, and economics). An increasing awareness of the unintended consequ ...