Jump to Main Content
- Hashemi Gahruie, Hadi; Eskandari, Mohammad Hadi; Mesbahi, Gholamreza; Hanifpour, Mohammad Amin
- Food science and human wellness 2015 v.4 no.1 pp. 1-8
- food fortification, etc ; cost effectiveness; disease prevention; functional foods; humans; minerals; nutrient deficiencies; nutrients; public health; vitamins; yogurt; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Food fortification is one of the most important processes for improvement of the nutrients quality and quantity in food. It can be a very cost effective public health intervention. Due to the high consumption rate of dairy products such as yogurt, fortification of these products will effectively reduce or prevent diseases associated with nutritional deficiencies. The aim of this investigation is t ...
- Shilpashree, B.G.; Arora, Sumit; Sharma, Vivek; Singh, A.K.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2015 v.32 pp. 165-171
- food fortification, etc ; binding capacity; freeze drying; humans; iron; manufacturing; markets; milk proteins; novel foods; nutrient deficiencies; sodium; sodium caseinate; succinic acid; ultrafiltration; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Iron has several functions in the human body and its deficiency leads to severe health problems. Food fortification is considered as the most acceptable strategy to combat iron deficiency, but the fortification of soluble iron salts induces many technological problems. Succinylated milk proteins can bind sufficient amount of iron. Many varieties of iron protein succinylates are also available in t ...