Jump to Main Content
- Singh, B. B.; Sharma, R.; Gill, J. P. S.; Sharma, J. K.
- Journal of parasitic diseases 2015 v.39 no.1 pp. 80-84
- Taenia hydatigena, etc ; abdominal cavity; adults; dogs; goats; liver; monitoring; parasites; parasitoses; principal component analysis; risk factors; sheep; slaughterhouses; swine; India; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Taenia hydatigena is an adult parasite of dogs with the metacestode (Cysticercus tenuicollis) stage residing in ruminants and pigs. Documentation and surveillance data concerning to the prevalence and risk factors associated with the disease in India is largely lacking. In this experiment, 3,199 carcasses, including 760 sheep and 2,439 goat were examined for the presence of C. tenuicollis (T. hyda ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gori, Francesca; Armua-Fernandez, Maria Teresa; Milanesi, Pietro; Serafini, Matteo; Magi, Marta; Deplazes, Peter; Macchioni, Fabio
- International journal for parasitology 2015 v.4 no.2 pp. 252-255
- Taenia hydatigena, etc ; Canis lupus; Cervidae; Echinococcus granulosus; Taenia crassiceps; Taenia ovis; Taenia taeniaeformis; definitive hosts; eggs; feces; goats; humans; parasites; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; rodents; sequence homology; sheep; sieving; wildlife; wolves; Italy; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Canids are definitive hosts of Taenia and Echinococcus species, which infect a variety of mammals as intermediate or accidental hosts including humans. Parasite transmission is based on domestic, semi-domestic and wildlife cycles; however, little is known of the epidemiological significance of wild large definitive hosts such as the wolf. In this study, 179 scats of wolves (Canis lupus italicus) c ...
- PubMed Central: