Jump to Main Content
- Urbanc, Brigita, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2015 v.119 no.42 pp. 13237-13251
- amino acids; hydrogen bonding; molecular dynamics; peptides; population growth; solvents; surface area
- ... Amino acid residues of unfolded peptides in water sample only a few basins in the Ramachandran plot, including prominent polyproline II-like (pPII) conformations. Dynamics of guest residues, X, in GXG peptides in water were recently reported to be dominated by pPII and β-strand-like (β) conformations, resulting in an enthalpy–entropy compensation at ∼300 K. Using molecular dynamics (MD) in explici ...
- Urbanc, Brigita, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- FEBS letters 2015 v.589 no.21 pp. 3228-3236
- Alzheimer disease; cell membranes; cytotoxicity; europium; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; gangliosides; peptides; receptors
- ... Soluble Amyloid-beta (Aβ) oligomers are a source of cytotoxicity in Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The toxicity of Aβ oligomers may arise from their ability to interact with and disrupt cellular membranes mediated by GM1 ganglioside receptors within these membranes. Therefore, inhibition of Aβ–membrane interactions could provide a means of preventing the toxicity associated with Aβ. Here, using Surface ...
- PubMed Central: