Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Xing-Jian; Sun, Ji-Quan; Nie, Yong; Wu, Xiao-Lei
- Chemosphere 2015 v.125 pp. 33-40
- Spirodela polyrhiza, etc ; Pseudomonas; Raoultella terrigena; aquatic plants; bacteria; carbon; endophytes; fenpropathrin; microbial growth; pesticide degradation; phytoremediation; plant exudates; sediments; water pollution; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... In situ remediation of organic contaminants via physical, chemical, and biological approaches is a practical technique for cleansing contaminated water and soil. In the present study, we showed that the three bacterial strains Pseudomonas sp. E1, Klebsiella terrigena E42, and Pseudomonas sp. E46, which can infect and colonize the aquatic plant Spirodela polyrhiza, utilize fenpropathrin as the sole ...
- Mohammed Barznji, Dana A.
- Limnological review 2015 v.15 no.1 pp. 15-20
- Spirodela polyrhiza, etc ; Azolla caroliniana; Azolla filiculoides; Azolla pinnata; Ceratophyllum demersum; Eichhornia crassipes; Lemna gibba; Lemna minor; Pistia stratiotes; Wolffia; aquatic plants; arsenic; cadmium; chlorides; chromium; copper; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; effluents; lead; mercury; metal ions; oxygen; phytoremediation; sulfur; sustainable technology; toxic substances; toxicity; volcanic rocks; wastewater; water pollution; water treatment; zinc; Show all 33 Subjects
- ... Phytoremediation or green technology is counted among the successful and effective biological contaminated water treatment techniques. Basically, the concept of this green, cost-effective, simple, environmentally nondisruptive method consists in using plants and microbiological processes to reduce contaminants in the ecosystem. Different species from aquatic plants (emerged, free-floating, and sub ...