Jump to Main Content
- Ding, Wei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.459 pp. 361-366
- Parkinson disease; Western blotting; animal disease models; apoptosis; biosynthesis; brain; cell viability; cultured cells; diabetes mellitus; dopamine; glucose; human diseases; hyperglycemia; infrared spectroscopy; mice; mitochondria; mutants; neurons; neurotoxicity; neurotoxins; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pathogenesis; patients; rats; risk; synthesis; transgenic animals
- ... Diabetes is associated with an increased risk of Parkinson's disease (PD). Number of studies have suggested that methylglyoxal (MGO) induced by diabetes is related to PD. However, very little is known about its molecular mechanism. On other hand, 1-acetyl-6, 7- dihydroxyl-1, 2, 3, 4- Tetrahydroisoquinoline(ADTIQ) is a dopamine (DA)-derived tetrahydroisoquinoline (TIQ), a novel endogenous neurotoxi ...
- Ding, Wei-Chao, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Nutrition 2015 v.31 no.5 pp. 733-739
- Western blotting; animal disease models; blood glucose; fasting; glucose; homeostasis; insulin; insulin receptor substrate proteins; insulin resistance; messenger RNA; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction
- ... Previous studies have shown duodenal-jejunal exclusion (DJE) results in the rapid resolution of type 2 diabetes; however, the underlying mechanism is unknown. This study aimed to measure the hepatic expression of insulin receptor substrate-2 (IRS-2) and glucose transporter-2 (GLUT-2) in type 2 diabetic rats post-DJE, and to investigate their roles in improved hepatic insulin resistance and glucose ...