Jump to Main Content
- Bennett, Sean J.; Ghaneeizad, S. Mohammad; Gallisdorfer, Michael S.; Cai, Donghua; Atkinson, Joseph F.; Simon, Andrew; Langendoen, Eddy J.
- Geomorphology 2015 v.248 pp. 172
- ecological restoration, etc ; drag coefficient; engineering; models; rivers; turbulent flow; water flow; wood logs; South Dakota; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Engineered log jams (ELJs) have become attractive alternatives for river restoration and bank stabilization programs. Yet the effects of ELJs on turbulent flow and the fluid forces acting on the ELJs are not well known, and such information could inform design criteria. In this study, a fixed-bed physical model was constructed to assess the introduction of ELJs along the Big Sioux River, SD. Two E ...
- Wan, Y.; Sun, D.; Labadie, J.
- River research and applications 2015 v.31 no.9 pp. 1119-1130
- ecological restoration, etc ; coasts; compliance; decision making; dry season; engineering; environmental models; floodplains; freshwater; hydrodynamics; plant communities; rivers; salinity; soil water; uncertainty; Florida; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Applications of environmental models may provide imperative information to enable informed decision‐making of river management actions, which are often made in the face of high system complexity and uncertainty. We applied Hydrologic Engineering Centers River Analysis System(HEC‐RAS) and Curvilinear Hydrodynamics Three‐Dimensional (CH3D) models to aid in the decision‐making of the proposed removal ...
- Mi, Yanjie; He, Chunguang; Bian, Hongfeng; Cai, Yanpeng; Sheng, Lianxi; Ma, Liang
- Ecological engineering 2015 v.76 pp. 142-150
- ecological restoration, etc ; algae; ammonium nitrogen; anthropogenic activities; biodiversity; chemical oxygen demand; economic development; ecosystem engineering; ecosystems; engineering; fish ponds; monitoring; nonpoint source pollution; plankton; rivers; vegetation; water quality; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... River restoration is the re-establishment of a river to a state that is more reflective of its predisturbance form. To restore a river polluted by human interference, we conducted an ecological restoration study from 2009 to 2011 on parts of the Yitong River, which is a typical non-point source polluted river in Northern China. The engineering included three parts: riparian vegetation buffering st ...