Jump to Main Content
- Di Bona, V.; Minetti, C.; Trotta, V.; Sella, G.; Lorenzi, M.C.
- Ethology, ecology & evolution 2015 v.27 no.1 pp. 79-92
- sex allocation, etc ; Polychaeta; ancestry; animal behavior; animals; artificial selection; correlated responses; correlation; ecology; eggs; hermaphroditism; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Sex allocation theory assumes that male and female reproductive functions share a common limited resource pool and are negatively correlated in hermaphrodites. Here we report on the first artificial selection experiment designed to test the existence of genetically-based correlations between sex functions in hermaphroditic animals. The polychaete worm Ophryotrocha diadema has a long juvenile male ...
- Hersh, E.; Madjidian, J. A.; Andersson, S.; Strandh, M.; Armbruster, W. S.; Lankinen, Å.
- Journal of evolutionary biology 2015 v.28 no.7 pp. 1321-1334
- sex allocation, etc ; Plantaginaceae; developmental stages; females; flowers; greenhouses; hermaphroditism; males; mating systems; outcrossing; pistil; pollen; pollination; population; seed set; seeds; stigma; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Sexual conflicts and their evolutionary outcomes may be influenced by population‐specific features such as mating system and ecological context; however, very few studies have investigated the link between sexual conflict and mating system. The self‐compatible, mixed‐mating hermaphrodite Collinsia heterophylla (Plantaginaceae) is thought to exhibit a sexual conflict over timing of stigma receptivi ...