Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Y. Jun, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2015 v.226 no.9 pp. 311
- anaerobic conditions; coasts; intensive farming; land use; nitrate nitrogen; nitrates; nitrite nitrogen; nitrites; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; rivers; seasonal variation; spring; summer; watersheds; Gulf of Mexico; Louisiana
- ... Nutrient enrichment is considered one of the most important causes for summer hypoxic conditions in the northern Gulf of Mexico (NGOM) off the Louisiana coast. While many studies on nutrient inputs from the large Mississippi-Atchafalaya River System have been conducted, little is known about nutrient inputs from other coastal rivers in Louisiana. In this study, we utilized long-term (1980–2009) re ...
- Xu, Y. Jun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Riparian ecology and conservation 2015 v.2 no.1 pp. 72-82
- Bivalvia; Chironomidae; Isopoda; agricultural products; analysis of variance; aquatic communities; aquatic invertebrates; autumn; best management practices; community structure; forests; land use; logging; macroinvertebrates; monitoring; spring; streams; summer; trees; water quality; watersheds; Louisiana
- ... Forests are the most dominant land-use type in Louisiana, and timber harvesting is the most economically important of the state’s agricultural commodities. Louisiana has developed voluntary best management practices (BMPs) to minimize negative effects of forest operations on stream water quality, but little is known about how aquatic communities inhabiting low-gradient, headwater streams respond t ...