Jump to Main Content
- Palviainen, Marjo; Finér, Leena; Laurén, Ari; Mattsson, Tuija; Högbom, Lars
- Ambio 2015 v.44 no.6 pp. 521-531
- runoff, etc ; carbon; clearcutting; data collection; nitrates; nitrogen content; nutrient content; nutrients; phosphates; phosphorus; pollution load; streams; surface water; temporal variation; water quality; watersheds; Finland; Sweden; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Large-scale forestry operations, like clear-cutting, may impair surface water quality if not done with environmental considerations in mind. Catchment and country level estimates of nutrient loads from forestry are generally based on specific export values, i.e., changes in annual exports due to the implemented forestry operations expressed in kg ha⁻¹. We introduce here a specific concentration ap ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lee, Boknam; Kullman, Seth W.; Yost, Erin E.; Meyer, Michael T.; Worley-Davis, Lynn; Williams, C. Michael; Reckhow, Kenneth H.
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.532 pp. 571-580
- runoff, etc ; Bayesian theory; Cynodon dactylon; Modified Universal Soil Loss Equation; animal feeding operations; application rate; aquatic environment; crop management; ecosystems; estrone; field crops; hydrologic models; planting; prediction; rain; rainfall simulation; sediments; slurries; soil conservation; soybeans; spring; summer; surface water; swine; waste treatment; wastes; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Animal feeding operations (AFOs) have been implicated as potentially major sources of estrogenic contaminants into the aquatic environment due to the relatively minimal treatment of waste and potential mobilization and transport of waste components from spray fields. In this study a Bayesian network (BN) model was developed to inform management decisions and better predict the transport and fate o ...
- PubMed Central: